Wilderness Mentoring Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A mink dwelleth downtown?

Go down

A mink dwelleth downtown? Empty A mink dwelleth downtown?

Post by Adrian Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:12 pm

This afternoon I saw some very interesting tracks in the snow and ice along the downtown portion of Cascadilla Creek--tracks which, in their size, habitat, and spirit, called to my mind a certain Mustela vison. I wasn't able to get close enough for measurements (I'll try to get some tomorrow), nor did I take any photos, but if you find yourself in the area take a look: the tracks can be seen from the east side of the Aurora Street bridge over Cascadilla Creek (under the big sycamore). Looking down at the water, you'll see the tracks skirting the south wall and then bounding in 2 by 2 fashion across the ice and ending at the water's edge. Many more tracks (going both directions) can be seen farther east along the creek, under the Linn Street bridge and past the little triangle park. There are several sets of tracks heading in diverse directions, with at least one set following the frozen creek east into the gorge and past the first large waterfall.

Adrian

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-09-25

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum