Wilderness Mentoring Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery birds

Go down

Mystery birds Empty Mystery birds

Post by Bex 2.0 Thu May 01, 2008 8:02 pm

Today around 6:45 p.m., I was walking near Agway when I came upon a really beautiful tree full of pink blossoms. I think the tree was probably cherry, because the dark gray bark looked flaky, and its berries very much resembled cherries. The blossoms each had 5 petals. I couldn't tell if it was alternate or opposite branching, since I am no wiz at tree ID, so this is only a guess. (I saved a piece of the bark for the apprentices to check out.) There were birds in the tree. They were gray in color, smaller than Robins, and had yellow crests on top of their heads, as well as bandit-style black eye masks. Their undersides were pale yellow and gray. The wings had super bright yellow spots and I believe their tails had bright orange. Three of them hopped around the tree and settled onto a branch very close to my head. We stared at each other for a little while, and then they picked the cherries (berries?) and flew off.

Anyone have any ideas what kind of birds they may be? They sang.
Bex 2.0
Bex 2.0

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Back to top Go down