Wilderness Mentoring Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wild grapes and wild turkeys

2 posters

Go down

Wild grapes and wild turkeys Empty Wild grapes and wild turkeys

Post by melissajmueller Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:00 pm

Yesterday I was out harvesting wild grapes in a little park near my house. As I entered the park, which consists mainly of a soccer field, I saw two wild turkeys exiting the field at the far end. I thought, "cool, I haven't seen turkeys this close to my house before!" But I had found a turkey feather in the woods at my sit spot so it made sense. I turned to the hedgerow where I knew there was a heavily laden grapevine. Just then a large bird took off noisily from the branch the vine hangs on, startling me. Another turkey! I realized it must have been eating the grapes, so I thanked it and the grapevine for sharing with me. I was left with a grocery bag full of grapes and a new insight into the relationships between the plants and wildlife that live around me. A quick look on the internet revealed that indeed, wild turkeys are widely known to eat wild grapes.

melissajmueller

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-09-28

Back to top Go down

Wild grapes and wild turkeys Empty Re: Wild grapes and wild turkeys

Post by Bird Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:51 am

Cool to make that connection! It's funny the things that go on that we don't know about until we are witness to them. That's what makes sitting quietly in the woods for an extended period so cool. The animals go back to doing what they normally do, and you become part of it all. It's a connection we all need!

Thanks,
Bird

Bird

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-10-05

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum